The Actuaries Digital Committee is looking to bring back the popular Ask Gae/Ask Bruce column and would like to gather some questions.
You may remember the popular columns Ask Gae and Ask Bruce. The two actuarial columnists answered a range of different questions from readers, not just actuarial related.
Some questions were:
- I have to front up for jury duty, and I really don’t want to get picked for a trial. How can I make sure I’m rejected?
- Why is my life always so busy?
- My parents are in their 70s and are starting to do old people stuff like chatting with strangers and stockpiling bars of soap. Can I prevent this from happening to me?
- I’m not sure I really want to be an actuary any more…
- Why does my weight creep up a little each year?
- Will the swans win the premiership this year?
- I have recently moved into a role where my predecessor excelled and bowed out on top. I am struggling under the weight of expectations. How do I succeed in this situation?
- The firm I work for has a casual dress policy. I take this to mean dress how you are most comfortable. Is it okay to wear thongs to the office or is this taking the casual policy too far? – Can I Havaiana some advice?
In preparation to bring them back, we would like you to submit any question you would like the next columnist to answer.
Submit your questions to email@example.com
Read some of our previous columns below.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-No Derivatives CC BY-NC-ND Version 3.0 (CC Australia ported licence).
CPD Actuaries Institute Members can claim two CPD points for every hour of reading articles on Actuaries Digital.