We want to encourage Members to Register / Sign-in to comment and participate in discussions with colleagues and peers on articles of interest.
To be able to comment on articles you need to register and create a profile.
The first comment you post will be pre-moderated, once your comment has been posted, subsequent comments that you make will not be subject to pre-moderation.
Please note that pseudonyms, aliases or ‘anonymous’ user names will not be accepted. Your user name should be your first and last name.
You can then manage your profile via Gravatar (such as uploading a profile image), by signing-up with the same account details as your Actuaries digital account.
To post a comment, simply scroll to the end of the article and click on 'POST COMMENT' button.
If you have experience any difficulties posting comments, please email us.
We strongly encourage Members to get involved and enjoy interesting and stimulating debates with colleagues.
- You agree not to use or post (through a document or otherwise) any material that is profane, inaccurate, defamatory, false, inappropriate, threatening, hateful, misleading or deceptive, constitutes junk mail or unauthorised advertising, infringes on any person’s privacy, infringes copyright laws, encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be in breach of any local, state, national, or international law or regulation. The Institute reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to remove or edit any such content at any time without your consent.
- Notwithstanding that the Institute can delete posted comments, you remain solely responsible for the content of your comments, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Institute with respect to any claims, views, opinions or statements posted by you. This is the case regardless of whether the Institute has considered whether a post by you should be removed or edited.
- The Institute accepts no responsibility whatsoever for posted comments, any errors or omissions therein and any decisions by it (or its failure to make a decision) with respect to clause 1. Without limiting the foregoing, the Institute provides no warranty of any kind, either express or implied, in relation to this discussion forum (other than any warranties which cannot, by law, be excluded). The Institute assumes no liability for any damages you may suffer because of posted comments made by, or about, you. This includes direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of access to, or use of, this posted comments facility.
- The Institute accepts no responsibility for any websites or resources that are linked to to posted comments or that you browse as a result of information you gained through a link in a posted comment and assumes no liability for any damages you may suffer as a result of your use of, or access to, such websites or resources.
- You can use the feedback link on our site to send us comments and/or criticisms regarding content posted and we welcome any feedback related to the content and administration of the commenting facility. However, we reserve the right to make final decisions on all content posted.